12.17.2008

I Bought A Single Ticket To Les Savy Fav.



One of the best concerts I've ever seen was Les Savy Fav at The Catacombs in Madison. Leadman Tim Harrington went off on what the Catholic Church was hiding in their catacombs, ran outside of the venue and shined a flashlight through the window.

If that wasn't cool enough, Hilary gave me whiskey in a coffee cup.

Well, my fantastic experience seeing them in a church has come full circle and I'm seeing them at another church, though this time by myself.

I'm rather particular about the music I enjoy and, for whatever reason, don't keep company with people who share similar musical tastes. Maybe that is how I'll know my soulmate, someone that digs Ronnie Spector, Les Savy Fav and George Gershwin.

Until then, I will continue to buy single tickets to concerts I cannot miss. Sometimes the only company you need is music, but I prefer seeing bearded men kick ass over crazy guitar riffs.

No comments: