1.14.2009

Have You Seen My Parrot?

Guest Blogger: George Aliga



Hi, my name is George Aliga! Oh Heavens to Mergatroyd! I have never heard such a compliment in my entire life! I cannot believe so many people loved my parrot. I walked down Michigan Avenue today and what is a typically twenty minute stroll turned into an afternoon; Children, the Elderly, German tourists; Everyone had to stop and talk about parrot: Amerigo Vespucci.
I think Amerigo is full of crackers. Did I mention I was carrying a package of saltines? Some people even said, "Polly want a cracker?"

I know its cliché, but the pure amount of adulation given to my parrot let me let it pass. I knew when I bought him at that pawn shop I was getting a deal but I never...Never thought he would become the object of everyone's praise. Even the people who didn't stop, at least gave a knowing smile...Knowing my parrot is awesome. I think to shake things up I'll get him a little cookskin cap, just like Amerigo Vespussci: a pioneer in rad.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, George. So proud of that parrot, but it will be your downfall.